Sunday 16 August 2015

Michel Platini insults Sepp Blatter's family says they will end up in jail

Blatter asegura que Platini intimidó a su familia

The outgoing president of FIFA, Sepp Blatter, said today the Dutch newspaper 'De Volkskrant' his counterpart UEFA, Michel Platini, intimidated his family saying they would end up in jail if he did not withdraw from the race to return to chair this global institution. Blatter as recounted in that environment, Platini told his brother Peter, 80, if not abandoned its efforts to stay ahead of the FIFA "go to jail".


Blatter announced his resignation four days after being re-elected late last May, following the corruption scandals in FIFA that led to the arrest of several of its executives.

In May the congress in which he was re-elected, Blatter told to 'De Volkskrant' that after lunch felt his brother, who was present too, "had been crying." "I asked, what happens? And I said, 'Do not be sad. I will win this. I do not know how many votes, but I will win this election. My brother said nothing, "Blatter said.

He said it was not until after the elections he knew what had happened. "During lunch Platini sat at the table my brother and said, 'Tell Sepp (Blatter) to withdraw from the election or go to prison" he said.

In any case, Blatter said that the episode had nothing to do with his decision to leave office: "I will not quit my mandate pressure Platini," he stressed.

Platini himself exinternacional French and UEFA president since 2007, ran on 29 July as a candidate for the presidency of FIFA Extraordinary Congress of the entity to be held on February 26 next year in Zurich.

On his resignation from the post after being re-elected, Blatter said that the reasons why he did is "something I want to keep me. What happened is part of my legacy, "and then said he was" very uncomfortable. " "In any case, we are all survivors and I'm sure it was the right decision for FIFA. It was a good solution, "he said, and declined to give more details to avoid prejudicing the ongoing judicial investigation.

Blatter said he made the decision to "protect the institution and family of the attacks against FIFA, not to protect myself. I do not need help when it comes to my personal integrity. "

Platini believes the "ridiculous" accusation
Meanwhile, the UEFA president and candidate for the presidency of FIFA, Michel Platini, has described as "ridiculous" the accusations of Joseph Blatter on French threats to his person. "This fabricated story is the latest in a series of attempts from Zurich to distract the world from the real problems facing the FIFA", sources close have pointed out Platini.

According to them, "the UEFA president will not believe these ridiculous accusations responding to them." "Michel Platini is currently more concerned with the preparation -together many national associations which rely- a program that can restore the image and reputation of FIFA and can develop football worldwide."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks your comment will be highly appreciated