Friday 30 October 2015

Platini believes that "most qualified person" to lead FIFA


Frenchman Michel Platini, UEFA president and one of seven candidates for election to the FIFA presidency, considers it "most capable person" to lead the world football governing body.

In an interview published today by the
British newspaper Daily Telegraph, French, provisionally suspended by the Ethics Committee of FIFA has said it will fight "to the end" to clear his name and has insisted that all he has achieved so far it has done "with honesty".

"This from the humility, I think I'm the most qualified person to lead the FIFA," said Platini, who will fight with Gianni Infantino, Jérôme Champagne, Ali Bin Al Hussein, Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa, Tokyo Sexwale and Musa Bility in elections to the governing body of world football, to be held on February 26, 2016 in Switzerland.

"Even if I can not campaign, I am one of seven candidates My record as UEFA president is very clear. We opened the Champions League to smaller countries and implement Financial Fair Play (FFP), which has reduced substantially the debts of the clubs, "Platini landfall.

"What is clear is that I will go all the way to defend myself. People want to keep me from this election because they know they have many chances to win. I have the impression that they do not want a former footballer chairing FIFA or that football will return to the hands of the players, "he said.

"I am the only candidate who has a 360 degree view of the sport," he continued. "I've been a player, coach of the French national team manager Nancy, organizer of the World Cup (France 98) and, today, the president of the most important confederation. All this achieved with honesty".

"I know every family in football and sensitivities and concerns of each. That said with humility, I am the most qualified person to run the football," he said.

Platini first applicant who confirmed his intention to present his candidacy, was suspended last October 8 for 90 days by the Ethics Committee of FIFA after the Swiss Prosecutor imputed to him on suspicion of disloyal management and breach of trust.

The charges into French, include a payment of two million francs (two million euros) "to the detriment of FIFA." The payment was made in 2011, although the money was allegedly intended to works done between 1999 and 2002.

"The two million it is the equivalent of four years of delays that FIFA had me as a special adviser to the president. The president himself offered me a contract and a salary which I accepted," he said. "This sanction prevents fight for a more just football Hinders what really is at stake in this election. The future of world football," he said.

"FIFA had the right, after five years, of not paying me. But it was decided to respect the agreement more than valid," he said. "The way I approached the subject was completely transparent. I informed the people that had to be done in the UEFA, that led to the financial department of FIFA."

"Where is the secret account at all? At all times I made sure that the payment followed the conformity with the FIFA internal rules. Many people tell me lately that my debt was not detailed in the accounts of the organization, but tried two committees of experts and was reviewed by an auditor, "he said.

Asked if Blatter sought a trap to deposit the money before the presidential election, Platini said he does not believe in "conspiracy theories. It is true that I waited a long time to claim what is owed me, but the only mistake I made was let go too long, "said the Frenchman.

"We trust the word of the president of FIFA and knew he would pay me one day. I was fortunate enough to not need the money, but only because I did not need it does not mean I have to pay for my work," he said.

"FIFA and UEFA I are antagonistic organizations. At one time or another has always been some frictions, tensions, and he developed a rivalry," he said. "The next president of FIFA must achieve unity and harmony between the two organizations. With Sepp Blatter's relationship became even more tense when in 2015, contrary to what was promised in 2011, was presented to the election," the president UEFA.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks your comment will be highly appreciated